Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chopped

So this morning I learned about a show on the Food Network called Chopped...

the example given to me was that participants were given the following ingredients to make a dessert:

avocado
tofu skin
star fruit
oyster sauce

Naturally, this brought many questions to my mind... is the Food Network really that interesting? What channel is the Food Network anyway? What is Chopped all about? Tofu skin, really? How do you make a dessert out of those ingredients?

But the question I knew I could have an immediate answer to... What is a star fruit?


THIS, my friends, is a star fruit... aka Carambola... and guess what? it really does look like a star! ha!

aaaaaand according to Wiki's description, it sounds delicious:

It is sweet without being overwhelming and extremely juicy. The taste is difficult to compare, but it has been likened to a mix of papaya, orange and grapefruit all at once. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carambola]

Hopefully, I'll be making a trip to Fresh Market soon to check this thing out...

oh and btw - Chopped: http://www.foodnetwork.com/chopped/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment